This collection/compilation/tutorial features a vast number of tutorials and resources on the digital space art theme. The actual download contains very few of the tutorials and resources, it's foremost a compilation of links to the works of various artists, mostly here on dA. There's a few Easter-eggs though - a couple of tutorials unique to this collection. I won't tell you more (thanks though `taenaron
) Breakdown Introduction
– An introductory page with some basic insights to the space art genre Learning
– Tips regarding how to get the most out of reading the tutorials and using the resources Composition
– Tutorials on how to compose space images, and how to deal with lighting, for instance Star Scapes
– Tutorials and resources on individual stars and star scapes of varying complexity Planets
- Tutorials and different kind of planetary resources, including textures Nebulae
– Tutorials and resources on the nebulae theme, including a breakdown of nebulae painting techniques Terraspace
- Tutorials and resources connected to the Terraspace genre Other resources
- Tutorials and resources on other celestial bodies and effects, as well as resources such as brushes and tutorials regarding painting techniques In-depth
- Walkthroughs on specific pieces of art, and advanced resources such as layered .psd files How to use
The collection is presented in html with some belonging graphics. To access it follow these simple steps:
1) Simply press the download bottom to your left of this page.
2) Extract the archive using winrar or winzip for instance.
3) Open the file named index.html in your browser. Do's
Download it, read it, comment on the collection as a whole on this page - and on the featured tutorials/resources on their authors’ pages. Heck, even fav the collection if you like it, and spread the word of its existence to others.
Also, please write a comment or send me a note if you feel that there's tutorials and/or resources missing in this collection that you would like see added.
Don't think that all the featured contents of the collection are mine. I don't deserve all the credit for this. Instead spread the love to the artists who's made all these tutorials and all these resources.
That being said, making this collection still took its fair amount of time and effort. I don't want to think about the amount of time spent on compiling and writing this collection. Let's just say that If I had gotten an honest hourly wage, few could afford buying this.
That being said; don't spread the actual files outside of dA. Don't claim to be the author of this compilation as a whole or to any of the tutorials this compilation links to. Credits
There are close to 60 contributing artists to this collection; they're all credited inside the collection together with their tutorials/resources as well as on a separate credit page with links to their deviantart pages. Make sure to check them out, because they're all great artists and great community contributors and deserve all the attention they can get.Updates
April 9, 2010
Some links fixed
November 10, 2010
The following things have been added;
A whole new section entitled "Terraspace" with;
- Several terragen tutorials
- Several terragen terrain files
- A couple of world machine terrains
Another starfield tutorial
More nebula brushes
Cloud maps and a planetary cloud tutorial
New planet textures
A new video tutorial
A new nebula tutorial
A new walkthrough
Thanks ~ColdFlame1987 `priteeboy ~Andr-Sar =Moonchilde-Stock & ~Superiorgamer who's cropped images were used for the preview image and the inside header.